Thursday, July 28, 2011

What We're Looking For

The first picture below is of a bunch of Northern bluefin tuna milling around on the surface late in the afternoon, around 6 PM. While the second picture is of a pair of bluefin tuna floating down wind on a calm day (the two dark wakes are the two individual fish). No one is quite sure why they come up to the surface, but as harpooners this is the only place we can catch them. I am not sure how many people will appreciate the sight of tuna as much as me, but if you do you will probably like these pictures. Both of these pictures were taken in the gulf of Maine, about 20 miles off the coast. (click image to enlarge)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Order Prints!

If you are at all interested in ordering any prints of my photos you can visit my website, www.benweinerphotography.com. Also, feel free to email me at benweinerphotography@gmail.com if you have any questions about any of my photos.